While working on a new project, I ran into an issue when running a Maven plugin connecting to a local web service. The dreaded
Service unavailable error message appeared over and over again.
As this project had a complicated setup and running the the
curl version of this maven plugin was successful I turned on the debug mode of Maven. Only thing you need to do is add the
-Xswitch to your maven command.
# note the -X at the end mvn content-package:install -P autoInstallPackage -X
It generated lots of output until I noticed this:
I was surprised by line 4 - the proxy authorization header. I didn’t use this header in the
curl, so this was probably the issue. Turning off the proxy for this Maven plugin did fix the issue: the
Service unavailable error message was gone!