We’ve all been there: repetitive, boring tasks we like to postpone. First of that kind that pops up in your mind: filling out timesheets!
While working at a Telco project, we had to fill out timesheets in the most archaic, nerve-wrecking system. Soon I was fed up and decided to automate this process with calling a REST Api, Selenium and some python programming. Soon I noticed I could automate other repetitive tasks.
In this talk I’ll present my journey of how I made my life somewhat easier. I’ll present some real-life examples including filling timesheets, posting deployment updates, updating your environment, … and give some tips and advice how you can find those boring tasks you might be able to automate!
- Automate Timesheeting
- Templating as Automation
- Automation with templating and Automate AEM development
- Summarize latest Changes in your Codebase
- Github Pages & Actions
- Deploy a Hugo site to Github Pages - part 1 and Deploy a Hugo site to Github Pages - part 2
- date: 25 - 27 August 2021
- Event information: available on The Devoxx Poland website
- format: Tools In Action - 30 minutes
- slides: PDF
Mentions on social media
Repetitive or tedious tasks you want to get rid of while learning something? Get some inspiration from @pjdrouillon's talk at #devoxxPL this afternoon!— Emakina.BE (@emakinaBE) August 25, 2021
Find more about Pieter-Jan Drouillon ➡️ https://t.co/wA495jkn1Y #DevoxxPL #Speaker @emakinaBE pic.twitter.com/0jF0uhKOLe